Thursday, September 16, 2004

Will the military go to Kerry?

Traditionally, members of the armed forces have voetd heavily for Republicans. However, there seems to be some discontent about extended stays in Iraq and questions as to the value of that conflict. Many of the people I know who came back are considering voting for Kerry, even though they have always voted for Republicans in the past. However, I thought they might be the exception more so than the rule. Hence my surprise when reading the following comment:
Scott Lewis, an Army Reserve sergeant home after 15 months in Iraq, spoke just a few words. "We need some new ideas in Iraq," he said. "People criticize John Kerry for changing his mind about Iraq, but I think that's actually a strength. And I'm a Republican."
I wonder if other people are seeing the same thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home